Sr. Project Leader
Position available in Tallahassee Florida for an experienced Project Leader. This role will be involved in the complete project life cycle and utilize both technical and fuctional skills. Currently working in a hybrid of remote/onsite, selected candidate will need to be local to the Tallahassee area.
location: Tallahassee, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 40 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
The candidate selected for this position must possess a hybrid of skills and abilities in application development, business analysis and high-level project management. The selected candidate will be working directly with customer requests and will be responsible for gathering and processing customer requirements as well as keeping up to date project documentation. They will facilitate incoming and outgoing communication, scheduling meetings, drafting, and analyzing documents. The candidate must know how to analyze data, create, and maintain SharePoint sites and workflows, while balancing additional work efforts as assigned. The candidate must have excellent communication and organization skills with a keen attention to detail. Education
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or another related field.
Two (2) years of experience can substitute for education. Experience
Experience in constructing workflow diagrams and flow charts. Required
Experience in creating and maintaining SharePoint sites and workflows. Required
Experience in Microsoft's Power Platform, specifically Power BI and Power Automate. Required
Experience working on agile project teams is highly desired. Experience assisting or managing small projects is highly desired. Graphic design experience highly desired.
Candidates with prior experience maintaining and configuring Planview PPM Pro (formerly Innotas) will be given preference
. Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
The activities this candidate will be tasked with include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Consult with users, Application Services Manager, and other staff on issues requiring further work or investigation.
2. Develop and maintain PowerBI dashboards for key applications.
3. Review, Rewrite, and/or revise documents as needed; Develop, maintain, and deliver end-user documentation and presentations as requested.
4. Serve as a subject matter expert and Sherpa for the Technology Proposal Tracker. Assist as needed in the Transportation Technology Intake Process
5. Gather, document, and manage business and technical requirements to support the design and implementation of effective and innovative solutions.
6. Write and run analytical reports related to team activities, project production, and backlog items using Planview PPM Pro (formerly Innotas) to assist in portfolio management and other resources.
7. Identify manual processes ready for automation and plan and/or implement the automation.
8. Assists with the creation, maintenance, and support of various SharePoint sites, lists, document libraries and workflows.
9. Produce analytical reports on transportation technology activities.
10. Develop business and system analysis and design models.
11. Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
12. Manage scheduled work for timeliness and issues.
13. Multitask several assignments at once.
14. Knowledgeable of strategic planning.
15. Performs other duties as assigned. Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
The knowledge, skills, and abilities desired for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Possess analytical skills to determine an organization's needs, develop strategies to meet those needs, and evaluate effectiveness.
2. Ability to categorize work, set priorities, and determine short and/or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them.
3. Skilled in researching, compiling, and analyzing data to report findings and develop innovative solutions.
4. Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, prioritize, and manage complex work assignments and project schedules.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
6. Ability to work independently and as a team.
7. Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments for him/herself.
8. Ability to provide excellent customer service.
9. Skilled in developing and maintaining SharePoint sites and utilizing the Microsoft Power Platform to include Power Apps and Power Automate.
10. Skilled in interpreting and communicating technical information both verbally and in writing.
11. Ability to work effectively with users to identify and document requirements for the maintenance or development of processes or systems.
12. Ability to identify and define user needs and to analyze and design processes or systems, in accordance with the Department's standards.
13. Skilled in interpreting and communicating technical information both verbally and in writing.
14. Ability to ensure thorough and complete communication to all stakeholders and chain of command.
15. Maintain security protocols with sensitive and confidential data.
16. Ability to follow established processes and practices.
17. Ability to organize, properly document, and maintain technology project documents, as necessary. General Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas: 1. Communication:
Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e.; project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others. 2. Customer Service:
Works well with clients and customers (i.e.; business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem. 3. Decision Making:
Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions. 4. Flexibility:
Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others. 5. Interpersonal:
Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others. 6. Leadership:
Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations. 7. Problem Solving:
Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly. 8. Team Building:
Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal. 9. Quality Assurance:
Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: No Degree Required
- Workflow Diagrams
- Project Management
- Project Administrator
- Project Analyst
- Project Coordinator
- Project Assistant
- Project Manager
- IT Project Manager
- Technical Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.