job summary: Description:
- Contribute to software development activities by developing, documenting, testing, modifying and maintaining new and existing software applications.
- Apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to the development life cycle.
- Bring application(s) and technology expertise to the specification and design development process.
- Provide technical expertise on assigned applications, to include interfaces and interrelationships with other applications and systems.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $59.35 - 64.35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Additional Job Details:
- Receive technical guidance and day-to-day direction from Software Engineers and Senior Software Engineers.
- Code, test and troubleshoot existing programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology. Analyze end user data and business needs to format final product and assure user-orientation.
- Test and develop programming modifications.
- Utilize applications expertise to participate in the design process as needed, then write new program code based on defined specifications.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Write and maintain programming documentation, as well as operations and user guides (as required).
- Effectively unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance (QA) team.
- Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the QA team to identify test cases and create/mine test data to enable a thorough test of all development deliverables.
- Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and ultimately into production.
- Provide implementation/production support as required.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with end users, Business Analysts and senior development team members.
- Provide input to prolong application life or recommend replacement.
- Confer with senior development team members to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
- Assist in resolution of questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Evaluate and thoroughly understand complex interrelationships between assigned applications and systems, such as whether a contemplated change in one application would impact or cause unwanted results in a related part of that application or other applications/systems.
- Proactively provide subject matter expertise regarding assigned application(s) to other members of the technology and business teams to assure understanding of interrelationships and dependencies.
- Support the installation planning for application program requirements.
- Support the end-user and technical operations staff as required.
- Assist senior development staff with the integration of technology within and across the capability domains.
- Act as a resource to junior development staff regarding technology, methodologies and standards.
- Proactively share knowledge and collaborate with development team members, Business Analysts and Technology Operations to assure quick and effective responses to customer needs (internal and/or external).
- For Senior and Executive Levels: Strategically plan and prioritize software/solution releases within planned release schedules based on enterprise business strategy, business and technology need, and impact while assuring appropriate scope, size and impact of releases to end users.
- Effectively plan all design, development and testing work to assure the pre-determined release schedule is met.
- For Senior and Executive Levels: Provide strategic direction and operational leadership to a team of highly technical employees.
- Develop and maintain an organization of high performing people through effective hiring, coaching and rigorous performance/talent management processes.
- Candidates may be submitted over max rate at your BEST bill rate for the candidate.
- Maintain up-to-date skills in software development technologies and a broad understanding of the business, business needs, and how applications/assets drive and support the business (understand the greater impact of assets/applications and development work).
- Provide expertise in the selection and implementation of development tools and best practices, as well as recommendations on priority and asset investments.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with business partners and project teams.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.