As a Sr. Big Data Engineer, I'm a key contributor to the design, implementation and ongoing governance of our data products. I'm responsible for expanding and optimizing our large-scale data ingestion flows and our data processing pipelines to create transparency and consistency across the entire Data Science system architecture. I work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts and other Big Data and Business Intelligence Engineers to develop and sustain the governance of our data products, including conceiving and building large-scale data integration solutions. I'm passionate about what I do and excited to do it in the context of an entrepreneurial start-up with a phenomenal team.
location: SAN FRANCISCO, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- As a Sr. Big Data Engineer, you will be an integral part of a team responsible for large-scale data processing pipelines across our Intelligence Product. You will also help to expand our product governance processes and support the Data Science team in building new product features. This includes:
- Ability to work with large, complex data sets that meet function and non-functional business requirements
- Working as engineer in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Apache Spark, AWS S3
- Ability to design and optimize queries, scripts and data tools to provide increased visibility into the Data Science system architecture
- The ability to communicate well and clearly with teams and team members across multiple time zones and countries.
- Designing, building, and supporting large scale, fault-tolerant distributed
- systems that support AppAnnie's data science and analytics teams
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: No Degree Required
- Data Analysis
- data engineer
- Data Warehouse
- Business Intelligence
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.