Our client in Glendale, CA has a 12+ month contract opportunity for a Software QA.
This role has the potential to convert to a permanent employee.
This role will be a hybrid of onsite & remote
and potentially would involve light travel.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for creating and maintaining QA software for NEC biometrics, customer experience, digital ID products & solutions. This position requires a highly competent, results oriented, self-directed software testing professional focused on high-performing and highly-reliable software solutions.
- Development of test plan specifications.
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and execution of testing in accordance to test plan specifications.
- Ensure that work meets or exceeds project performance, reliability, and quality goals.
- Responsible for functional and performance testing as well as reporting test results.
- Work closely with the engineering organization to ensure that products are testable and can be validated.
- Provide guidance or solutions for maintenance issues prioritized by the customer support organization.
- Mentor other test engineers and, where applicable, take the technical leadership role on specific projects.
- Provide trainings to customers and to deployment and support teams
- Interact with customers and provide escalated customer support
- Other duties related to the overall effectiveness of the Software Engineering organization including adherence to Engineering's life cycle methodology, tools, and internal tracking systems. Skill/Experience/Education
MandatoryScripting, Linux, SQL, Installer, Test Case Development, Test Case Execution, Mentoring, Team Management
location: Glendale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45.00 - 54.41 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Message Queue
- Team Management
- Customer Facing Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.