Our client has a 3+ month contract opportunity for a Business Analyst
in Fairfield, CA.
This role has the potential to convert to a permanent employee.
This role will be onsite.
The Business Analyst (BA) works with others across our business units and IT to facilitate the elicitation and analysis of business requirements and to thoroughly document those. The BA is an active member on projects as well as other tasks and initiatives and is responsible for the delivery of work assigned. The BA must be able to quickly learn and understand multiple functional areas such as quoting websites, financial/general ledger, bureau/ISO reporting, forms applications, policy, agency and claims management systems, etc. Detail orientated, ability to communicate clearly and excellent collaboration skills are essential to success in this role. Essential Functions
- Works closely with others across IT and business units company-wide to develop an accurate understanding of business processes in multiple functional areas.
- Participates in discussions to identify and analyze business needs. Creates detailed documentation of business and functional requirements including business process flow diagrams.
- Works as a liaison between Business Users and IT technical staff to ensure clear understanding of business requirements and change requests.
- Collaborates with the IT technical staff and Sr. Business Analysts on Change/Release Management for all application system, production change, implementation and documentation as assigned.
- Partners with Testing Analysts to assist in development of software test plans through thorough knowledge and understanding of the business and system requirements.
- Works closely with Testing Analysts and technical/development staff to address any issues identified during various testing efforts (unit testing, user acceptance testing, etc.).
- Communicates with business users and management enterprise-wide to ensure transparency of upcoming system changes.
- As requested, assists in the development and presentation of training for new applications or program change requests used by end users.
- May perform other related duties and special projects as assigned or requested.
Education, training, and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or related field and/or equivalent combination of High School Diploma/GED, training and work experience.
- Three or more years of business or Information Systems experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to interface well with both technical and non-technical staff.
- strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills.
- Ability to write clear, concise business requirements.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, good problem solving skills and a customer service orientation.
- Positive and cooperative outlook and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers, peers and management.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software applications to include Windows applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy, able to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with very strong organization and time management skills.
location: Fairfield, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Business Analysis work within a production support team
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.