Our client located in Jacksonville, FL has immediate openings for a highly motivated IT Internal Audit Specialist
to join their dynamic and growing team.
The ideal candidate will be full of enthuasim and drive with a mission driven personality. This position is onsite in Jacksonville with a hybrid work from home schedule. Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.
location: JACKSONVILLE, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Internal Audit Specialist II plans and executes and completes risk-based audits of IT, financial, operational, and management controls. The Internal Audit Specialist is responsible for process documentation, risk assessment, gap and control deficiency identification, and assistance with risk mitigation plans. The position is an integral part of process and internal control assessment and improvement throughout the organization. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Plan and conduct internal audits designed to test and identify potential control weaknesses as well as areas for process improvement.
- Develop and maintain process narratives, process maps, and internal control processes.
- Assess the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Research identified issues and recommend improvements to controls, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare audit reports describing scope, tests performed, test results, the nature of any control weaknesses and any related risks.
- Provide practical and insightful recommendations for process and control improvements.
- Collaborate with management to develop action plans to address Internal Audit report findings and recommendations.
- Monitor Internal Audit recommendations and management action plans to ensure timely completion.
- Establish and develop effective and collaborative working relationships with all levels of WWP teammates.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Institute of Internal Audit (IIA) standards and IT security and control frameworks, e.g., NIST Cybersecurity Framework, COBIT, and ISO 27001.
- Demonstrated ability to assess whether critical data is properly managed, secured, and protected within internal and third-party systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional relationships, and interact effectively with diverse individuals to build effective working relationships. Demonstrated emotional intelligence. Ability to respond to sensitive matters discreetly with diplomacy and empathy.
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to look beyond the standard audit plan and identify risks and weaknesses.
- strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage technology to optimize the results of Internal Audit objectives.
- strong organizational and time management skills. Effectively complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Detailed knowledge of process mapping and gap analysis.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficiency using TeamMate+ auditing software.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive, influence others, and influence change.
- High energy level. Self-starter; willing to take initiative.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- Three years of internal or external auditing experience.
- Two years of IT audit experience.
- Two years of non-profit internal auditing experience.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE Requirements: Preferences
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or information technology.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- General office environment; temperature controlled
- Up to 10% travel
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 10 pounds
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- IT Auditing
- IIA Standards
- IT Security frameworks
- IT Control Frameworks
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.