job summary: Business Project Manager - Agile
The Project Manager for Innovation Center will support and drive idea generation, solutioning, prototyping, and piloting of innovative solutions and technologies that will create a competitive advantage for client . The Project Manager role is a critical hands-on role that is responsible for the detailed planning, execution, and control of priority initiatives. This position is responsible for the successful market launch of these core and value-add business solutions. The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering highly complex projects or programs using accepted processes and various methodologies, including Agile. They will manage through all phases of the project lifecycle using project management practices such as risk management and stakeholder expectation management and/or acting as a SCRUM Master and leading the team through the Agile processes. This position is responsible for one or more large-sized complex projects that will generally impact multiple businesses and resources. This individual will build relationships, set strategy for management of implementation, support leaders in scoping and prioritization of work and work with subject matter experts to gain a compressive understanding of the business.
location: BOSTON, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide subject matter expertise for agile methodologies and practices and contribute to the ongoing development of Agile capability across the organization.
- Partners with business leadership to establish a solid understanding of the vision, purpose, and expected results.
- Lead the execution of multiple moderate to highly complex projects, for products and programs.
- Manage all aspects of the project lifecycle, including facilitating cross-functional workgroups, documenting action steps, and managing and balancing expectations regarding project time and scope.
- Participate in the vendor selection process and work collaboratively with selected external vendor partners to co-ordinate and manage implementation plans/activities.
- Identify and apply lessons learned to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Support the assessment and implementation of state and federal mandates.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Identify and manage either directly or indirectly, a team of resources who come together for a specific project (IT, Business, and 3rd Party).
- Develop and maintain status reports, dashboards, and any other project-related deliverables, and communicate to appropriate audience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated project management experience, including technical and non-technical projects.
- Demonstrated experience managing simultaneous time-sensitive and complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders and/or external vendors.
- Business process improvement experience, including experience demonstrating program value to leadership.
- Experience with technology operations process and terminology for multiple methodologies, including Agile.
- Ideal candidate would have experience helping or coaching teams that are new to Agile/Scrum.
- Experience operating in an innovation team or experience managing transformation initiatives/ pilot programs would be a strong plus.
- SCRUM or SAFe Agile Certification preferred.
- PMP preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Business Project Manager
- Scrum Master
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.