job summary: Job Description:
Client is seeking a Senior Java Developer. The ideal candidate will have hands-on programming experience using Java and Java-related technologies. As part of a high-performing agile team of developers and engineers, the candidate will create state-of-the-art software to support mission-critical systems for a Federal agency.
This is a great opportunity to develop dynamic, applications using cutting edge, cloud-based technologies and modern best practices.
We are seeking an innovative software engineer who is enthusiastic about Agile software development.
In taking this position, the ideal candidate will be critical to helping us deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that will enable our customer to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
location: Arlington, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Writing quality code with a goal of 0 defects and 0 technical debt.
- Designing and coding software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
- Performing a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity.
- Working with other developers and system engineers to solve critical problems and identify efficiencies in implementing technical and functional requirements and tasks.
- Working closely with the Product Owner, stakeholders, business analysts, and team members to understand product specifics and to create quality code.
- Contributing to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the Organization.
- Executing automated testing on both front-end and back-end systems.
- Requirements Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of Java development experience, including with JDBC, JEE, XML with Spring, Node.JS, and Hibernate/JPA.
- Experience building Java Web Services using REST.
- 3 years of related development experience in an Agile Team Environment.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, DB2, MongoDB, and MySQL.
- Experience with DevOps to include version control, automated builds, automated testing, and continuous integration with tools such as Docker, Jenkins, TFS, and Git.
- strong innovative and analytical ability with implementation experience as a results-oriented, collaborative self-starter who can learn and contribute to a development team.
- Experience developing Cloud-based and Cloud-native applications.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- JAVA DEVELOPER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.