Our enterprise global client is looking for a PMO Project Manager Consultant to be an integral part of a Shared Services department. Reporting to the Program Management Officer, this is a newly position to manage cross functional, global projects across our businesses while executing with PMO best practices in mind. This position will be a hybrid NJ based position.
location: Warren, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The ideal candidate will have led large scale projects in an enterprise environment. You ensure outcomes deliver expected business benefits and utilize project control indicators to ensure execution per plan. You will oversee project plans, project scope, and change management. You will work across key stakeholders to identify milestones and you will ensure that associated metrics are aligned and being tracked to business cases and agreed scope. You are responsible for managing the budget, allocation of resources and a defined approach to project management. You will be responsible for coordinating with other departments such as finance, claims, underwriting, and information technology to operationalize strategies and support the overall governance across each project's lifecycle. You will utilize the PMO standards and best practices to streamline project execution.
- Manage complex projects and make sure that key priorities, budgets and deliverables are on track
- Work closely with finance and other key stakeholders to align and manage program scope, cost, schedule, quality, dependencies, and risks to meet program goals
- Work with the functional leaders in the organization to tackle various operational issues as needed
- Lead and manage through influence vs. direct authority: while there are no direct reports it is critical that the individual be able to develop needed results through others.
- Must be experienced in problem solving, critical thinking, quality control and loss containment initiatives.
- Effectively work in collaboration with multiple functional areas including: Corporate Underwriting, Actuarial, Claims, Loss Control, Operations, Finance, Information Technology and Premium Audit resources.
- Provide objectivity and transparency on initiative's status on behalf of the company
- Model the behaviors of execution discipline across the company
- Proactively anticipates risks, opportunities, dependencies and costs, plan resources, milestones and deliverables to manage and implement projects.
- Provide recommendations to address challenges, risks, and issues.
- 5 years of project management experience
- aptitude for various technology project approaches and delivery methodologies
- excellent written and verbal communication
- ability to influence others
- Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline
- results oriented and adaptable
- organization and time management skills
- PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Nice to Have: insurance domain subject matter acumen, preferably in multiple areas of the business
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Manager (5 years of experience is required)
- Project Management
- Technical Project Manager
- Project Controls
- Business Project Manager (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.