job summary: Job Description:
The Enterprise Infrastructure organization is looking for strong team leader for the Stability Engineering Mainframe Capacity and Performance team. The team consists of senior mainframe performance analysts and capacity planners.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Provide leadership and direction for the mainframe capacity and performance team.
- Provide useful and candid feedback to team members, implement empowerment and transparency principles to enable and improve efficiency and trust within the team.
- Detailed understanding of the mechanics of the mainframe platform - must understand the zOS operating system, components, and peripherals. This includes CICS, DB2, MQ and WAS along with mainframe hardware components. Must understand the various tools the team uses to provide capacity and performance analysis to the firm. Including SAS, RMF, SMF, SYSVIEW, and various mainframe monitors.
- Lead the team in performance and capacity diagnosis. Ensure root cause analysis is complete for all performance and capacity issues on the mainframe.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, proven ability to track and optimally complete complex environments.
- Ability to disseminate business critical information to all levels of management.
- Be comfortable in an ambiguous environment and respond well to frequent change.
Strong communication, both verbal and written; ability to implement education and training across a broad technology population.
location: WEST LAKE, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Team
Mainframe Capacity and Performance is critical to providing customers with the optimized environment that houses the critical applications for all business units. The work the team does has a direct effect on the customer experience on the client's platforms. The team must provide accurate and timely analysis to ensure the mainframe systems are performing optimally. This directly effects our customer's experience.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- MAINFRAME CONSULTANT
- MAINFRAME DEVELOPER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.