job summary: Job Description:
As part of the analysis phase of the project, the role of the Business Analyst will be to consolidate regional and global high level business requirements for Global Learning and Development. This resource will work with business stakeholders and the Client Technology Product Owner to ensure that high level business requirements are translated into detailed requirements, are correctly captured, refined, and included in the requirements documentation. This resource will also work with the Product Owner and stakeholders to prioritize requirements.
Facilitate meetings with stakeholders, defining and translating requirements into user stories.
Creating and managing backlog, as well as, facilitating backlog refinement discussions.
Collaborate with stakeholders to provide status updates.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Able to conduct interview with business stakeholders to obtain requirements
- Able to facilitate meetings with business stakeholders to translate high level requirements into detailed requirements
- Prior experience working closely with business stakeholders and application development teams (onsite and offshore) on analysis of customer input and product functionality
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources
- Experience working with the product owner translating requirements into user stories; defining acceptance criteria and managing the product backlog
- Business analysis experience with Agile methodologies; strong understanding of scrum concepts
- Experience of Sprint planning and facilitating product backlog refinement sessions
- Experience using Agile backlog management using tools like Azure DevOps (preferred) or Jira/Rally/similar tools
- Understanding of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) designs
- Well organised; able to work with very little guidance and with little to no direct supervision
- Quick learner and excellent communicator both verbal and written
- A team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources and demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst at Client , preferably within Learning and Development
- Prior experience with Vantage/CornerstoneLocated in the US or Canada
- This role is responsible for overseeing Business Analysts or having individual responsibility for applying analytical skills to determine and document accurate business requirements; presenting these requirements in a manner that is concise, measurable and flexible enough to meet project and stakeholder needs.
- This person should have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- This role liaises with IT, Demand, and Business Stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies and operations of the business and to recommend solutions that will enable the Business Stakeholders to achieve their goal(s).
- This role works with the Project Manager and Relationship Manager to manage the stakeholders' expectations, ensures that the solution is within the expressed business need, and provides business analysis work progress and other relevant information that may affect the project scope, schedule and cost.
- This role also will work closely with the Test Lead.
Must have at least 5 years experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge with the SDLC activities expected to develop custom developed and packaged applications with exposure to Business Process Modeling and/or Re-engineering is preferred.
- Also Business Use Case Development, Business Rules Development, Use Case Driven Requirement Methods, UML and RUP knowledge is preferred.
- Candidates should have knowledge in Enterprise Application Portfolio Strategy/Development.
- Experience in Agile development, Team Foundation Server, including entering User Stories, Bugs, Enhancements, Burndown and working with off shore resources.
- Experience with stfSoft
- Deep experience with the full Microsoft BI stack, including: SQL Server, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, SharePoint,, .NET (for any architects) strong business analysis skills, facilitation skills and a thorough understanding of analysis deliverables (including UML artifacts and how they relate to the development process).
- Demonstrated technical and leadership expertise in application development and project management in distributed systems and web technologies.
- strong technology acumen and track record of hands-on implementations across multiple technologies.
- Ability to translate technical data and concepts and communicate them to non-technical personnel.
- strong skills in both technology and business domains, creative and practical in managing the relationship between the two. strong background in implementing enterprise initiatives on a large scale.
- Undergraduate Degree (e.g., BA, BS) or equivalent experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Business Analysis
- Business Systems Analyst
- backlog (1 year of experience is preferred)
- user story (1 year of experience is preferred)
- Instructional Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.