Our client, a well known asset management firm, is looking for an innovative software engineer to join their IT department. This individual will be working on the systems that support the global sales and marketing organization. This role will be responsible for building and supporting the user interfaces used in all of the applications. This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced developer with pride of ownership reflected through clean design, code quality and a disciplined software development approach. Desired Candidate Profile:
- 5+ year's applications development experience with full-stack development and agile frameworks.
- strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Work effectively both as a contributing team member and independently.
- strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving with the ability to present multiple solutions and potential side effects.
- Fast paced programming mentality with quick turnaround.
- Experience developing client-side applications with Accessibility and Usability techniques
- Experience with API creation and RESTful services
- Experience developing backend server components using NodeJS
- Experience building and supporting websites using CMS systems (Tridion, Drupal, AEM)
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Experience with Python, C#, .Net is beneficial.
- Experience running services on container technologies like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Amazon AWS or equivalent cloud architecture experience with a major cloud provider.
- Experience with Jira.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Experience with CRM systems especially Salesforce is a plus.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design and implement UI components and web interfaces.
- Collaborate with backend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Support existing software with quick troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Be part of an empowered team following agile methodologies.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Database Developer
- SQL Server developer
- Angular JS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.