Our client is looking for a Technical Help Desk for a 6month contract to hire opportunity in the Tempe Arizona area! This role will start remote but then roll into a hybrid model come October/Novemeber time. The main function of a technical help desk specialist is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location. Must Haves:
1+ year of experience in an IT service desk I role (Windows network environement), maintaining & diagnosing client workstations, services, applications and printers Certifications are pluses:
A+, Netowrk+, Citrix CCA, MCSA 2000 or 2003, CCNA or CCDA, Basic Unix Administration, CompTIA
location: Tempe, Arizona
job type: Contract
salary: $17.50 - 17.75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Essential Functions:
- Develops a strong understanding of the business and can relate problems to business impacts.
- Understands how to triage and prioritize issues and will escalate problems to management.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of supported systems and continually strives to enhance knowledge through ongoing training, reading, and participating in projects and improvement initiatives.
- Responds to alerts or emergency issues within 15 minutes during normal business hours and when on-call.
- Processes and handles requests and orders for computer equipment throughout the lifecycle of the equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Associates
- help desk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.