We are looking for a Database Administrator to join the growing team of a leading provider of hydrogen fuel cell turnkey solutions. The Database Administrator will straddle both sides of infrastructure and application
, make queries, have backup/storage capabilities and provide guidance to infrastructure teams.
In this role, one will be responsible for performing database software releases and system upgrades, evaluating and installing patches, maintaining and monitoring database system configurations/alerts, ensuring data integrity across systems/schemas, and day-to-day maintenance to ensure operability, performance, and availability of critical data.
location: Rochester, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Maintains production and test database performance/availability internally developed applications
- Implements and supports routine database maintenance processes including security patching, and database backup and retention policies.
- Supports the change management process by implementing new releases and keeping all test environments in sync.
- Supports customer requests for database reporting consulting and issue troubleshooting.
- Identifies database requirements for new solutions by interviewing customers and collaborating with internal team members and program management staff.
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Supports efforts to design and execute Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Works on complex big data projects under the direction and coordination of senior team members.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SQL DBA (5 years of experience is preferred)
- INFRASTRUCTURE ADMIN
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.