We have a 3 month contract opportunity for a Technical Services Technician II in Oakland, CA.
This position is onsite. Position Description:
Serves as the secondary contact for supporting the IT Service Desk and provides hands-on support for service desk telephone, ticket, and e-mail user support requests and field service support/maintenance of end user devices within University. This position interacts with The Technical Services Lead to ensure for the timely completion of appropriate proactive maintenance activities and reactive incident resolution processes necessary to maintain the end user IT device environment. This includes corrective action in the resolution of incidents, change management, and escalation/notification processes as appropriate. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to Service and customer request (e.g. requests for new software, hardware installation) and trouble tickets (e.g. problems with PCs, laptops, laser printers, network access, e-mail access) according to service level agreements; fulfills service requests and document problem and resolution in problem management system. 30%
- Identify and procure hardware and software as required to increase employee effectiveness and efficiency
- Install hardware and other components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, etc. 25%
- Troubleshooting miscellaneous issues with IT operations from Tier I & II levels of support;
- Collaborating on internal IT infrastructure development projects as a project team member 20%
- Installing and customizing Windows and Mac platforms onto laptops;
- Managing and providing support for peripherals, including printers and classroom technologies;
- Communicates new information and problem resolutions to the Technical Services staff, end users and other groups as necessary 10%
- *Perform other related duties as may be assigned. 5% Skills: Skills and Abilities:
- Possess the knowledge of personal computer hardware and software, including Windows and Macintosh platforms, and state-of-the-art communications systems
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form Physical Effort Required:
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents.
- Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, in hand-written forms, and printed on paper.
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds. Education: Education and/or Experience:
- Currently holds or is actively working towards a 2-year or 4-year (preferred) degree in Management of Information Sciences, Computer Science, or a similar Information Technologies field, OR
- Currently holds or is actively working towards an equivalent professional industry certification.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 26 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Serves as the secondary contact for supporting the University IT Service Desk and provides hands-on support for service desk telephone, ticket, and e-mail user support requests and field service support/maintenance of end user devices within University. This position interacts with The Technical Services Lead to ensure for the timely completion of appropriate proactive maintenance activities and reactive incident resolution processes necessary to maintain the end user IT device environment. This includes corrective action in the resolution of incidents, change management, and escalation/notification processes as appropriate.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.