job summary: Job Description
Randstad Technologies is currently looking for a QA Engineer. While a member of the QA Engineering Team reporting to the QA Engineering Director, the position is also a member of a broader agile technical team including developers, product and project managers. This is a technical test engineering position (SDET) with test automation coding responsibilities in UFT (and potentially Appium) which also requires the ability to read Application Developer's code and can assist with technical troubleshooting. The QA Engineer will work closely with the Team to confirm the requirements are fully defined and meet business needs. The QA Engineer must have an excellent understanding of technical concepts and design to determine and expose potential shortfalls and work with Application Developers to pseudo code solutions. The QA Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to test and certify the technical deliverables using a repeatable SDLC that ensures both quality and efficiency. The ideal candidate is adept at requirements review (functional completeness, testability, compatibility, performance/load, reliability, accessibility, non-functional requirements, etc), test planning, test case design within the ALM test management tool, TDD, BDD, test environment management, test data creation, test execution (both manual and automated for GUI, API, DB and mobile), defect reporting/management and test results reporting including metrics. The QA Engineer will verify that the system under test meets all requirements (including creating a requirements traceability matrix) and company standards. The QA Engineer will document all test results within the ALM test management tool (audits are possible) and create test summary reports and metrics. Furthermore, the QA Engineer will work with developers to troubleshoot issues and recreate/resolve defects as needed. In support of all SDLC life cycle phases, the QA Engineer must work with customers, trading partners, business analysts, software and integration developers, project managers and computer operator technicians. The QA Engineer will also help maintain test environments including configuration management, coordinating deploys and creating test data while helping identifying opportunities for and driving CI/CD/CT implementation in a DevOps model. The QA Engineer must have a sense of urgency, attention to detail (as well as big picture view), work well with others, be very organized, ability to multi-task while remaining quality focused, excellent communicator (both written and verbal), be responsive to all stakeholders, quality driven as well as operate efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
location: Denver, Colorado
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Gain an in-depth understanding of both the technical and functional aspects of the business applications and product functionality to lead in the development, implementation, and evaluation of test strategies.
- Analyze documented requirements to ensure accuracy and completeness as well as testability, compatibility, performance/load, reliability, accessibility, non-functional requirements, etc).
- Formulate and document test plans, test cases and test summary reports/metrics.
- Lead hands on test execution (both manual and automated) for GUI (web, client/server, mobile - Android & iOS), API, database, performance/load, compatibility, usability, accessibility and reliability.
- Adhere and ensure compliance with company and quality standards/best practices.
- Identify, document and facilitate the resolution/troubleshooting/recreating of defects.
- Manage test environment including test data creation, configuration management and deployment coordination.
- Drive quality and lead the implementation of company automated test frameworks and solutions within assigned agile team as well as the greater organization.
- Define, manage and meet project schedules; prioritize and work multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and quality driven.
- Work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision as well as part of a Team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment including likely process and technology changes.
- Must be detail oriented yet able to also keep in mind the big picture.
- Mentor team members.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- api testing (5 years of experience is required)
- Manual QA Testing (8 years of experience is required)
- Automated QA Testing (5 years of experience is required)
- postman (5 years of experience is required)
- mobile testing (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.00/hour. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).