Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
location: Basking Ridge, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 48 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
JOB TITLE: UX Research Assistant
As a User Experience (UX) Research Assistant, you will support the UX Research team by planning, conducting, observing, and analyzing usability testing sessions, user interviews, remote studies, and more. You will work within a program dedicated to rapid research, turning around studies on a week-by-week basis across all Consumer portfolios. You will work closely with UX Researchers as well as Experience Designers and Managers to deliver solutions that satisfy and delight our consumers.
Other responsibilities include:
- Determining the screening criteria, discussion guide, and activities for each stage of research.
- Working directly with the in-house recruitment specialist, as well as remote testing panels and partners.
- Moderating study sessions.
- Formulating insights and story-telling.
- Presenting these insights in a compelling way to help stakeholders understand study findings and drive product improvements based on findings.
- Escalating on-going needs and issues to the Manager of UXR.
- Managing the participant experience to ensure participants are comfortable, protocols maintain confidentiality, and handle note-taking and video responsibilities amongst the core team.
Skills and Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Bachelors (completed) or Masters (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Sociology, or related field; or in lieu of degree, some related work experience.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Interest in and experience deploying user research methods (usability testing, user interviews, remote studies, etc.).
- Detail-oriented approach and the ability to work fairly independently on a variety of well defined tasks.
- strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience conducting research in a rapid environment, turning around end-to-end studies in a quick manner.
- Experience providing insights to inform digital engagement (e.g., website, apps, api's).
- Experience crafting discussion guides and appropriate tools and exercises to reveal consumer needs and desires in close partnership with Experience Design, Management and Business Partners.
Shift: Standard 9am-5pm hours. No weekend or on-call work required.
Site: New York-NY or Basking Ridge, NJ (Remote for the time being)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.