job summary: Quality Artist needed for contract role with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA. Job Description
The Quality Artist maintains the quality of content authored by offsite vendors. This involves regular check-ins throughout the authoring process and assuring that the content is being authored to spec and standards.
The right candidate will have a strong knowledge of video game art production and authoring skills. In addition, the right candidate will be capable of working in a QA and bug fix capacity. Required Skills/Experience
- 3-5 years experience in game development
- Intermediate level knowledge of all aspects of 3D content authoring
- Working in source control, bug database and shipping a title to retail
- Working knowledge of industry standard 2D and 3D packages (Photoshop, 3DS MAX, Maya)
- Experience with Hard surface modeling at mid to high poly detail levels
- Capable of taking and retaining complex instruction
- Experience with 3rd party software.
Portfolio is required!
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $27 - 37 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Reviewing car content at specific stages of production and providing written feedback and revision details.
- Working in proprietary and third-party authoring tools and source control
- Assimilating the production specifications and deliver consistent positive results
- Fixing and verifying content bugs
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- 3DS Max
- Game Development (3 years of experience is required)
- Source Control
- Bug Database
- Hard Surface Modeling
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.