Calling agile/scrum professionals! Our client is seeking a Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master to effectively manage their development and configuration lifecycle from planning through implementation using Agile methods. The primary responsibility will be to drive initiatives to completion, based on deadlines and plans set forth by executive leadership and the product team. This is a hybrid position, apply today!
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of software and solutions that meet business needs suited to our existing and changing technical architecture.
- Help drive the organization's early-stage agile transformation by providing traditional project management support and ultimately facilitating the adoption of Agile Practices. Specific areas of transformation and support required are shifting from projects to value streams, "project plans" to sprint and release plans, supporting and leading traditional release and deployment approaches, story pointing and estimating, risk management, and refining current Agile/Scrum practices.
- Improve, optimize, document, and create adherence around technical operational processes, including requirements, process analysis, development/configuration, testing, implementation/release, and maintenance.
- Help create improved and evolved processes to support a changing business and technology team and maintain a well-managed, well-communicated intake process that results in a clear understanding of progress, challenges, and priorities.
- Hold the delivery team accountable for meeting deadlines and goals for sprints as well as macro-level initiatives. Works with Business Solutions Manager to develop milestone, release, and task plans with the appropriate level of detail for the effort.
- Manage the tasks of solution owners, systems analysts, and developers whose primary role is to partner with the business to facilitate the discovery, definition, and delivery of IT solutions in the form of business and customer-facing software systems and applications.
- Facilitate daily stand-up, bug scrubs, backlog grooming, iteration planning, story pointing, sprint review, and iteration retrospectives, and work with Development Leads to manage deployment activities.
- Drive team iteration, execution, and communicate with management and stakeholders to help protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work.
- Maintain team data in project management software (i.e., JIRA, Manuscript, etc.) to support estimates and execution.
- Supports product owner(s) with intra-team dynamics with respect to priorities and scope.
- Promote, administer, monitor, and demand proper use of scrum management tools as defined by the process committee and lead team effort in relentless process improvement.
- Manage and forecast resource and budget allocation and track and report on capacity, velocity, and burndown.
- Present high-level project readouts for senior management, and articulate overall workstream process at an executive level (business and technology).
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in project management, leading project teams and managing risks with demonstrated success in delivering multiple products on time and on budget.
- Ability to take ownership of complex efforts and mediate competing interests to ensure alignment.
- PMI-ACP, Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Target Process, Rally, Version One, or other equivalent project management software tools. Digital Media Sales, Operations, Fulfillment, and Inventory Management is preferred.
- A strong working knowledge of Agile methodologies and iterative delivery of custom developed and packaged software solutions.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques including, but not limited to, User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, and Agile Games.
- Experience with core technologies and techniques the most successful media companies use today, including CRM, ERP, subscription billing, integration platforms, and data solutions such as CDP/DMP, and ad systems.
- strong MS Excel and diagramming skills (MS Visio or other tools).
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, configuration management, quality assurance, and release management.
- Experience with developing and deploying software in a rapid delivery schedule.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and a proven talent for building consensus and driving change.
- The experience and wisdom to lead project teams and manage risks with the experience of having shipped multiple products on time and on budget.
- Ability to take ownership of complex efforts and mediate between competing interests and personalities to get an alignment and motivate change.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to conscientiously manage and follow up on multiple concurrent tasks and requests on tight deadlines.
- Superb communication skills with the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Scrum Master
- Agile Methodology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.