Sr. Business Analyst - Trade
- This Senior Business Analyst position will work closely with our business partners in commodity supply and demand, and trade solutions.
- As a member of the North America Trade Portfolio team, this position will deliver supported, sustainable capabilities and tools for end-to-end physical and financial trading processes.
- A preferred candidate will have extensive experience as a Business Analyst as well as a basic understanding of physical and financial trading preferably in the agricultural commodities business.
location: Hopkins, Minnesota
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- The Senior Business Analyst will lead efforts through influence that will enable change in an organizational context through the creation of the definition of the business needs and the creation of solution recommendations that deliver value to stakeholders.
- In this role, you will use advanced knowledge of the tasks and techniques that are used to perform complex business analysis such as solution evaluation, strategy analysis, elicitation and collaboration, requirement life cycle management, requirements analysis and design definitions and business analysis planning and monitoring to advance the profitability or efficiency of the business.
- You will partner effectively with all levels of the organization, guide others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems and make challenging decisions to improve business performance.
- Experienced in all aspects of business analysis project will require candidate to have prior experience in custom software development as well as vendor software implementation
- Should have Key stakeholder partnership management experience
- Prior experience working in support of projects with a global scope
- Business Partnership: Effectively engage with businesses stakeholders at all levels in our Trading business to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process, data, and technology investments required to achieve them. Guide, challenge and influence business sponsors and stakeholders to maintain focus on targeted business outcomes.
- Elicit and manage business, functional, and non-functional requirements while critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, and establishing consensus for Minimal Viable Product (MVP) delivering highest business value.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders, document requirements and create initiatives that support the business requirements and needs.
- Identify and effectively articulate the need for change in how the organization works and facilitate change applying change management methodologies.
- Identify and define the solutions to complex business problems that will maximize the value delivered to stakeholders.
- Guide the business through unknown or unmapped territory to advance to the desired destination as the liaison to cross functional, regional and global solutions delivery teams.
- Use a thorough comprehension of complex internal or external business issues to analyze the organization or business domain and document business, data, processes or systems and provide an assessment of the business model and the integration with technology.
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to collect information about an organization's operations to improve systems and processes, research business processes, analyze the potential impact and create and effectively communicate recommendations for the leadership team.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Experience working in highly diverse and dynamic team environment collaborating in-person and virtually with members located in region and around the globe.
- Basic understanding of commodity financial and physical trade including contract management, settlement, position reporting, profit and loss reporting, risk management and compliance.
- Experience with Commodity Trade and Risk Management (CTRM) systems that provide end-to-end trading solutions.
- Experience with Commodity Risk solutions that measure, analyze, and report.
- Experience with Market Data sourcing and tools that provide news, quotes, charts, and other financial information.
- Experience with Trade Analytics tools and solutions.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Familiarity with Business Analyst Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions.
- Learns complex subject matter quickly, self-driven with strong interest in learning and expanding own understanding of physical and financial trading in the agricultural commodities business.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.