Randstad. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. Moving them forward. human forward.
Our clients' team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
Let's talk about the role. Location:
Melbourne, Florida Remote Capabilities:
Melbourne (if not local needs to comit to relocate to the area within 30 days of starting the assignment) Clearance Required: Public Trust Type of Role: Linux Systems Administrator
location: Melbourne, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
support to software engineering during the development of a new OSS system by provisioning and managing the virtual environments (VM) and installing and configuring the Linux based Red Hat Operating System.
The Sys Admin will also monitor and maintain the system hardware performance.
The position ensures that system hardware, software, and related procedures adhere to the system's design and architecture.
This individual will manage system access user accounts and develop the procedures for system configuration to support production builds.
This individual will also assist program teams with technical analysis, and support the testing and roll-out of new patches. Participation on programs focus on smoothing the transition from system development to operational readiness within the program's life-cycle.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to RedHat and Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Manages and directs proactive and reactive systems administration activities to ensure the availability, integrity, and reliability of networked and stand-alone systems. Administers assigned Enterprise systems such as enterprise data storage administration (EMC/NetApp), enterprise server virtualization (VMWare) to ensure systems are functioning properly.
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and wide area network related problems associated with the assigned Enterprise system(s).
- Coordinates with server and operating system vendors to resolve issues, arrange service, and obtain support. Develops schedules for the installation and monitoring of local network and stand-alone information resources.
- Installs and provides support for internal development software and applications
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of performance. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines. Knowledgeable of networking associated with a LAN based server and workstations.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Linux (5 years of experience is required)
- RedHat (1 year of experience is required)
- Centos (1 year of experience is required)
- Linux System Admin (5 years of experience is required)
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.