The Data Engineer designs, builds, and oversees the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions, and software to capture, manage, store, and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources. Essentially providing actionable and contextual information to operational staff and leadership to make data-driven decisions. Efficiently gather report requirements and makes specification recommendations while understanding how the analytical insight will impact the business.
location: SAN DIEGO, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Collaborate with technology and business teams to improve data models that feed business
intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility, and fostering data-driven decision making across the
- Design and develop solutions to support ingestion, provisioning, and visualization of complex
enterprise data to achieve analytics, reporting, and data science goals.
- Create and establish design standards and assurance processes for software, systems, and
applications development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows, and
- Review internal and external business and product requirements for data operations and activity and suggest changes and upgrades to systems and storage to accommodate ongoing needs.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is accurate and
available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Work closely with a team of frontend and backend engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Design logically sound Azure data architectures which are scalable and repeatable.
- Develop technical tools and programming that leverage artificial intelligence, machine learning, and
big-data techniques to cleanse, organize, and transform data and to maintain, defend and update data structures and integrity on an automated basis.
- Work closely with software engineers and follow best practices for data management consumption.
- Create comprehensive documentation for team members and end users on available data and
- Provide on-boarding to team members for new technologies related to available data sets.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Agile Methodology
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.