We are looking for a mid level Business Analyst to join a that supports planning and implementation of new systems or functions at one of the nations top research universities!
As a Busines Analyst you will work closely in collaboration with team leads, application build teams, and business, financial, operational, clinical and other stakeholders as designated to support their assigned projects. The Business Analyst will develop requirements and design documentation along with use cases, based on user input. You will design future state work flow and business processes, process analysis, and assists in creating testing strategies.
location: Remote, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Senior Business Analyst works closely in collaboration with team leads, application build teams, and business, financial, operational, clinical and other stakeholders as designated to support their assigned projects. The senior analyst develops requirements and design documentation along with use cases, based on user input. The senior analyst designs future state work flow and business processes, process analysis, and assists in creating testing strategies. The senior analyst is part of a team that supports planning and implementation of new systems or functions that are delivered with quality. Responsibilities:
Business Case/Process Mapping:
- Evaluates business processes to identify needs, problems and opportunities, and develops strategies to maximize opportunities/value delivery.
- Engages with business leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to process, products, services, software and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value.
- Writes business cases for future potential projects.
- Leads estimation and provides input for planning of future work with Manager/Assistant Director.
- Works with user communities to document current state and future state process and conduct gap analysis for assigned projects. [15%]
- Works with user communities to understand and document business requirements for assigned projects. [15%]
- Delivers assigned tasks in alignment with project plans and estimates. Includes, participation in project communications/meetings to promote and communicate project goals, timeframe and high-level changes. [15%]
- Participates in design reviews and code/configuration walkthroughs with technical, functional and/or vendor teams. [10%]
- Works closely with Quality Assurance Analyst, and functional and technical testers to prepare test plans, test data and complete integrated testing.
- Actively participates in, and may be asked to lead, retrospective events with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Consistently identifies and recommends improvement opportunities.
- Willingly shares knowledge, provides cross-training, peer support and actively participates in, and may be asked to lead, team meetings.
- Participates effectively as a "Team Member".
- Serves on committees and attends meetings as requested.
- Follows all administrative standards (such as timely time sheet preparations, completing time away requests, completing annual mandatory educational requirements, etc.). Models and mentors University Values.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Business Analysis
- Process Workflows
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.