job summary: Summary
: The Platform Engineer is responsible for administering and maintaining current state enterprise infrastructure resources and platform level operations. This position is a member of the product development team and is focused on providing reliable, scalable, compliant solutions as it relates to AWS cloud infrastructure and best practices, in the form of reusable, codified, scripted or automated components. A successful Platform Engineer has experience defining and building enterprise cloud infrastructure using traditional development practices and can apply these techniques to solve systems/platform related problems. Additionally, this position supports the promotion of a DevOps culture and its associated practices. Education and/or Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BA/BS in computer science is required
- 2 years of experience with cloud technologies (AWS Professional level certification preferred)
- 2 years of experience supporting large scale applications in an enterprise environment
- Experience building with and maintaining infrastructure as code with frameworks like Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience defining and building reliable, scalable, and compliant architecture using cloud technology platforms like AWS
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure best practices, adhering to principles governing Cost, Scalability, Reliability, Security & Compliance, and Identity.
- Ability to triage complex customer issues in an expedient and professional manner
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Responsible for completing coding assignments related to reusable platform components for consumption by Application Developers, to promote and codify platform/infrastructure architectural best practices.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting current cloud posture and platform resources.
- Assist in researching and applying new cloud technologies
- Document solutions and techniques, ensuring information is available to the team through technical notes and the internal knowledge base.
- Participate in on-call rotation to triage tier 3 platform/infrastructure incidents.
location: Tallahassee, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Site Reliability Developer provides support and coordinates triage efforts to resolve technical issues for enterprise class applications that are hosted in AWS. This position will participate in providing 24x7 on call technical support for client systems. This position should also be able to solve problems dealing with complex systems using codified, scripted, or automated solutions.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.