Randstad Professionals is seeking a Controller for a exciting and challening opportunity! Reporting to the CFO, the Controller is responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, financial reporting and HR administration. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace, is a strong leader, brings solid and relevant experience, and wants to work for an organization that makes a difference!
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Financial analysis and reporting
- Records, classifies, and summarizes financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Reconciles and analyzes trial balance for month-end closings.
- Prepares schedules to support month-end balances.
- Prepares monthly and interim financial statements.
- Prepares variance and projection analyses.
- Cash application and disbursement. Supervises cash application and disbursement functions and provides secondary back-up.
- Supervises past-due accounts receivables activities. Supervises customer terms and credit limit change requests. Manages collections agency assignments.
- Customer/vendor accounts. Supervises correcting entries (e.g. customer refunds, credit memos) and provides secondary back-up.
- Reports department-specific key indicators.
- Supervises sales tax records and reporting for the third-party filing service.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll through third-party processing service. Processes enrollment changes in insured benefits programs.
- Planning and budgeting. Assists in the preparation, modeling, and presentation of revenue and operations budgets.
- Makes recommendations for system and policy improvements.
- Other related tasks, as assigned
- 2-7+ years as Controller for mid-sized company with extensive experience with an integrated ERP system
- Empathetic professional who reinforces and contributes to a culture of respect for each employee.
- Instructional and motivational professional that actively develops and coaches his/her department team members.
- Proven and demonstrated experience and competency in applying generally accepted accounting principles to daily accounting operations.
- Clear, concise, and effective communication skills.
- Proven and demonstrated experience and competency using Excel to perform financial analysis.
- Successfully works independently without close supervision
- Detail oriented, organized work habits - has a bias for action and getting things done
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.