Randstad Professionals is looking for a Payroll Coordinator who is familiar with ADP and other payroll processing systems.
location: Elmhurst, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Enters into ADP all payroll data for the pay date, such as timesheets, new employee information, changes to deductions, retro pays, manual adjustments, etc.
- Files and organizes all records regarding payments to employees and maintains all payroll and related tax files on a current basis.
- Takes the initiative to research employee payroll-related problems as they arise; serves as the staff resource for payroll-related questions originating at the employee level, as well as the policy level.
- Conducts the import of the payroll journal entries into Microsoft Dynamics NAV, the financial system, from ADP, the payroll system.
- Manages the monthly recording of effort entries in NAV.
- Troubleshoots effort reconciliation discrepancies for 8 departments.
- Assists on an ad-hoc basis with a payroll conversion from ADP to Ceridian.
- Maintains routine journal entries.
- Maintains monthly reconciliations of various accounts not limited to, but including: fixed assets, cash, advances, accounts receivable.
- Assists with various needs of the financial statement audit.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned. Education, Experience and Required '
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with payroll processing systems (ADP preferred)
- Knowledge of robust accounting systems and the chart of accounts
- 3+ years experience working in an accounting or auditing department
- General ledger experience: working with journal entries and reconciliations
- Great organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Flexible team player
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative and service oriented fashion
skills: Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.