job summary: Underwriter
Business and Financial Software firm in Woodland Hills is currently seeking an Underwriter with experience in Risk/Fraud/Customer Care/Banking.
location: Woodland Hills, California
job type: Contract
salary: $19 - 20 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
Underwriter will be responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Underwriter for conducting risk-based underwriting reviews of applications for merchant payment processing accounts.
- Underwriter will analyzes client-specific know your customer policies (KYC) and procedures in addition to analyzing and reporting on anti-money laundering (AML) due diligence.
- Underwriter will validates consumer identity, legitimacy of business, and ensures that application attributes and business model comply with applicable guidelines/laws.
- Underwriter will identifies trends in application attributes/existing payment processing behavior in order to mitigate risk and fraud.
- Underwriter reads and analyzes consumer and business financial documentation in order to make sound credit decisions.
- Underwriter handles both inbound and outbound calls from existing and prospective customers.
Ideal candidate will be able to:
- Flexes communication style to match customers' needs. Diffuses emotional customer situations effectively and recognizes when to escalate.
- Maintains organized and fully documented Underwriting files and databases with specific customer information and inquiries.
- Able to consistently operate in a "gray area" where each situation is unique and is handled on a case by case basis. Utilizes sound judgement and has the ability to make solid decisions based on research, experience, and basic guidelines.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for results.
skills: MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.