Randstad Professionals Greater Baltimore team specializes in Accounting and Finance, contract and contract to hire staffing and helps over 1000 professionals start and grow their career each year. We have an upcoming opportunity for a Financial Analyst.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Analyze the segment's business operating results on a monthly basis and develop appropriate commentary for different audiences. Work with segment/regional/industry leads to understand business drivers, issues and opportunities.
- Support the production of monthly management reports for Executive Management, including financial information, key metrics and variance analysis.
- Support the coordination and completion of the quarterly forecast, including
- Assess business projections for reasonableness
- Provide and assess risks and opportunities
- Provide analysis for management decision making
- Assist in the development, consistent definition and tracking of key financial and operational performance indicators.
- Basic knowledge of revenue recognition rules under US GAAP and practical application into revenue forecasting
- Basic knowledge of financial statements (US GAAP and other countries) and statutory audits, including income statements, balance sheet, cash flow statements and trial balance reconciliation
- Assess various business scenarios and translate changing economic, regulatory and other local conditions into financial implications.
- As needed, participate in financial modeling requirements for potential acquisitions, accretion/dilution analysis, etc.
- Support the long-term strategic planning process, ensuring reasonableness of assumptions and output.
- Support the company-wide annual budgeting process, including understanding cost and economic assumptions and allocations as well as the presentation of budgets to Senior Management.
- Participate in special projects / ad hoc analysis as needed.
- BS in Accounting, Economics or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience in financial areas with concentration in financial analysis.
- CPA/CFA highly desirable
- Experience with analyzing financial statements, operations and management reporting processes and systems.
- Ability to influence others without direct reporting relationships.
- Ability to understand, analyze and evaluate businesses within a variety of different industries.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experienced in budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning.
- Experienced in development of variance and trend financial analysis.
- Experienced user of financial systems, TM1, Oracle, SAP, Hyperion, database or other reporting writing tools.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Click Apply to submit your resume today!
Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play
and the App Store
skills: Financial Analysis, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.