Randstad Professionals has a healthcare client with the following need: Collections Clerk
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $17 - 20 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 1 Years
- Ensure appropriate follow up is initiated for any residual balance.
- Complete appeal process consistent with paper, contractual and regulatory guidelines.
- Document complete information in the appropriate notes system for all accounts and followed up on.
- Respond to verbal and written inquires in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with hospital department to obtain necessary information for collections.
- Complete insurance and demographic updates, initiating rebills as appropriate.
- Ensure reimbursement of patient accounts is contractual accurate per hospital managed care contracts.
- Provide statement or billing information as requested.
- Verify health coverage updates provided by customers prior to making changes in AR system.
- Schedule payment plans within department guidelines.
- Document complete information in the appropriate notes system for all patient interaction.
- Ensure department and hospital guidelines are followed for any patient dispute received.
- Submit adjustments request with appropriate documentation.
- Submit refunds request with appropriate documentation.
- Utilizes credit balance report to identify and resolve open items.
- Reporting and System processing
- Ensure proper escalation of identified issues to department management.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Collections experience in a medical setting.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have experience with Managed Care Contracts.
$17-20/hour DOE Application Process:
When we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and the best talent interviews with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Interviewing now! Click Apply to submit your resume today. Not ready to apply or have questions? Call Ashley Rogers at 949-265-5821.
skills: Credit Collections
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.