Randstad Professionals Greater Baltimore team specializes in Accounting and Finance, contract and contract to hire staffing and helps over 1000 professionals start and grow their career each year. We have an upcoming opportunity for a Staff Accountant.
The Staff Accountant will report to Controller to prepare, review and deliver timely and accurate financial and operating information to the company leaders on a recurring basis.
- Perform month-end general ledger close activities including accruing expenses, preparing, reviewing and recording journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts and other analysis.
- Responsible for billing, project accounting, resolving billing discrepancies.
- Oversee and manage Accounts Receivable and Collections process.
- Coordinate required reports and participate in audits, cost analysis.
- Review and process the inventory adjustments from the daily cycle counting.
- Participate and support in the monthly financial statement close process, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely as well as analyzing and reviewing financial statements and variances.
- Prepare, review and analyze balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations.
- Participate in the annual operating budget preparation.
- Experience in project accounting, cost accounting is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting required
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot table and V-look ups and formulas.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Internal accounting controls acumen along with general knowledge of accounting systems and technology.
- Good interpersonal skills and team working capabilities enabling one to interface at all levels.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
Prepare, review and deliver timely and accurate financial and operating information to the company leaders on a recurring basis.
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly!
Click Apply to submit your resume today!
Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play
and the App Store
skills: Excel, General Ledger, Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.