Staff Accountant will report to Controller to prepare, review and deliver timely and accurate financial and operating information to the company leaders on a recurring basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform month-end general ledger close activities including accruing expenses, preparing, reviewing and recording journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts and other analysis.
- Responsible for billing, project accounting, resolving billing discrepancies.
- Oversee and manage Accounts Receivable and Collections process.
- Coordinate required reports and participate in audits, cost analysis.
- Review and process the inventory adjustments from the daily cycle counting.
- Participate and support in the monthly financial statement close process, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely as well as analyzing and reviewing financial statements and variances.
- Prepare, review and analyze balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations.
- Participate in the annual operating budget preparation.
- Experience in project accounting, cost accounting is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting required
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot table and V-look ups and formulas.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Internal accounting controls acumen along with general knowledge of accounting systems and technology.
- Good interpersonal skills and team working capabilities enabling one to interface at all levels.