The Logistics Coordinator provides critical customer relations and order cycle management.
The position involves daily interaction with our customers, suppliers and sales representatives which thereby requires high level communication skills.
The ability to establish a good rapport with our longstanding and valued customers and suppliers is a must.
It is important the candidate possess the ability to work both as part of a team and independently. The candidate must also have strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and good attention to detail and they must take ownership of issue and ensure follow up through to resolution. Candidates may be required to work across multiple platforms and systems as well as demonstrate proficiency in Excel.
location: Purchase, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Order entry (sales and purchase orders).
- Maintain orders through changes and ensure delivery with proper documentation.
- Work closely with customers and sales reps on forecasts and delivery requirements.
- Manage customer requirements for information and reporting when required.
- Work very closely with suppliers for production/ready dates.
- Collaborate with our Credit and Accounting Departments to ensure prompt placement and delivery of orders, capturing required accruals, credit and debits.
- Manage customer or consigned inventory levels as well as periodic reconciliation.
- Company Ambassador - Must be able to convey the persona of the Company with enthusiasm.
- Client Focus - Maintaining positive relationships with customers, suppliers, and service providers.
- Problem Analysis and Innovative Solutions - Anticipating changes and recognizing problems and responding with creative, practical and effective solutions.
- Communication - Ability to provide information and detail and displaying active listening skills.
- Execution, Initiative and Time Management - Ability to plan and prioritize work to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks and skillfully navigate between the important and the urgent. Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Applicants must have good organizational skills.
- Experience in paper, distribution, publishing or manufacturing sector an advantage.
- Experience with sales, purchasing and or inventory management a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
Bilingual Spanish a plus
skills: Customer Service, Data Entry
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.