Junior Accountant Location:
Temp to hire Pay Rate
: Competitive hourly rate
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 21 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: Job description:
- Review all invoices for accuracy and appropriate documentation prior to payment.
- Match vendor invoices to receiving vouchers from retail stores.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and UPS deliveries.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Process 3-way P.O. matching invoices, up to and exceeding 100 line items
- Perform daily data entry of invoices on an Excel spreadsheet and convert into MAS 200 accounting software.
- Communicate with vendors to obtain credits for returned or short shipped products.
- Answer telephone calls and direct them to the proper person or department.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies relating to cost and quantity.
- Communicate and follow up effectively with vendors, store managers and other team members.
- Respond to all inquiries in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist with month-end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Full-time position
- Assist with other special projects as assigned by Controller.
qualifications: Required Skills
- Must have strong work ethics.
- Must be well organized and have strong time-management skills.
- Must have good problem solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize different tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team, in a fast-paced and high volume environment.
- Must have good communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Must be able to perform mathematical computations quickly and accurately.
- Proficient in Excel and Word. MAS 200 experience is a plus but not required.
- Prior Accounts Payable/Accounting experience a plus.
- Ability to type 60-65 wpm.
- Must be able to freely access all areas of the office including shipping area by sitting, standing, walking, stooping, bending at a 90 angle, crouching, kneeling, climbing a ladder; ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds at any given time.
If you are interested in being submitted for this opportunity, please send your resume and salary requirements directly to Ashley.Rogers@Randstadusa.com.
I will get back to you in a timely manner regarding next steps.
Looking forward to working with you!
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.