Entrepreneurial Baltimore-based Company is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join an established team. The Accounts Payable Clerk will work on a team of professionals responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable. Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Clerk will:
- Process 250 - 300 Accounts Payable invoices weekly
- Assist in month end and year end closing
- Year end 1099 processing
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintain historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburse petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred
- At least 3+ years' experience with accounts payable
- Experience with coding invoices, reconciling Accounts Payable, check runs, and researching vendor invoice discrepancies REQUIRED
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use MS Excel
- Yardi software experience
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
experience: 0 Years
Full cycle accounts payable, process 250-300 invoice a week, reconciliation, month-end close and year end 1099 processing
qualifications: Application Process
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Click Apply to submit your resume today!
Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play
and the App Store
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.