The Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring the basis for accurate financial statement reporting and proper recording of financial transactions in the general ledger. Other responsibilities include managing the accounting teams, providing accounting leadership and direction, and preparing recommendations. This position will also take the lead for accounting related system project initiatives and will coordinate accounting transaction handling with other departments, and locations.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER JOB DUTIES
- Directs and engages in the day to day accounting and financial activities of the organization, including establishing and maintaining the organization's accounting principles, practices, procedures and initiatives.
- Prepares financial reports and presents findings and recommendations to top management.
- Coordinate the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process.
- Facilitate and coordinate development of annual budget and periodic variance tracking and reporting Act as point of contact for external auditors.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Prior Public Accounting Firm experience required.
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles including general accounting, principles and practices as determined by FASB, SEC, AICPA, etc.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
Interested and qualified candidates that possess the experience and qualifications listed are encouraged to apply here or contact Tathiane Thompson (Tathiane.Thompson@RandstadUSA.com - 804-727-2653) with Randstad Professionals for a confidential conversation and resume review.