job summary: Bookkeeper Baltimore, MD Job Summary
Randstad Professionals is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to fill a role in the Greater Baltimore area. If you want to work for a great company with an established team of professionals, this role will be a perfect fit for you.
Randstad Professionals specializes in Accounting and Finance, contract and contract to hire staffing and helps thousands of professionals start and grow their career each year. Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will exemplify time management skills in order to meet deadlines, be highly organized, and have a keen eye for detail and accuracy. In addition, they must be customer service oriented, and be able to communicate clearly and effectively, while maintaining confidentiality with accounts. The ideal candidate is a skilled multi-tasker, and is reliable. Job Duties
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Bookkeeper will:
- Develop system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures
- Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions
- Balance subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years' of Bookkeeping experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use MS Excel
- QuickBooks experience required
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
Develop system to account for financial transactions, maintain and balance subsidiary accounts, maintain and balance GL, financial reports, compliance
qualifications: Application Process
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. Click Apply to submit your resume today!
Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play
and the App Store
skills: Quickbooks, Timberline
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.