A highly successful company is seeking an extremely detail-oriented Payroll Specialist to add to their team! This company offers fantastic quality of life (40 hour weeks), an excellent working environment, and a terrific culture.
- Ensure all timesheets, expenses, miscellaneous entries and adjustments are processed timely and accurately
- Monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll
- Reconcile various payroll reports for bi-weekly audit review
- Process multi-state, in-house payroll weekly and biweekly
- Generate and distribute paychecks for all employees
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and respond to payroll inquiries
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Human Resources preferred but not required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- 5 + years of specialized payroll experience, preferably in a construction or high-volume payroll environment
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills required
- Proficiency in payroll processing system, ADP Workforce NOW and Deltek-Vision required
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws affecting payroll and compensation
- Knowledge of Accounting principles and practices
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task are required
- Very strong problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Very strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Once we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and our best talent will interview with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Click Apply to submit your resume today!
Stay Connected! Download our new Randstad Jobs smartphone app from Google Play
and the App Store
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
Timesheet, expenses, and adjustments processes on time, garnishments, reconcile payroll reports, process bi-weekly payroll, generate/distribute checks, payroll inquiries and discrepancies
Click to apply.
skills: Payroll Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.