Our client is currently looking for a talented Assistant Controller for their growing Las Vegas corporate office. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree, public accounting experience and CPA's are highly preferred. Candidates also must be detail oriented, have strong organizational and project management skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong analytical skills.
location: Las Vegas, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Reviews and monitors general ledger accounts, including reconciliations, adjusting entries, adding accounts as needed and regular monitoring.
- Ensures the smooth and timely close and preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements.
- Manages the operations of the accounting department and direct responsibility for all accounting, to ensure all SEC and financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Maintains the chart of accounts to provide timely, accurate and flexible reporting and analysis for business units.
- Handle performance issues relating to staff conflicts, performance issues, etc.
- Ensures compliance with US GAAP and the financial procedures of the organization.
- Assist in implementing new accounting standards and practices, and ensure compliance with industry regulations
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Assist in various ad hoc projects, such as system implementation, proxy statements preparation, and process improvement.
If you pride yourself as a professional who enjoys the challenges of being part of a growing and dynamic company, then email your resume immediately as an MS Word attachment to email@example.com
skills: Compliance, Consolidations, CPA, Acquisitions/Due Diligence, Business Analysis, Asset Management, Analysis, capital expenditures, Business Systems Analysis, Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.