job summary: Staff Accountant Needed!!
Prestigious nonprofit in Westchester County, NY is seeking a strong Staff Accountant to join their group. The ideal candidate will be strong with general ledger accounting, month end close procedures and have some experience within a nonprofit environment.
location: Mount Vernon, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Work alongside the Controller with month/year end close procedures including but not limited to:
- General ledger accounting
- Journal Entries, including grant entries
- Allocations, Accruals & Fixed Assets depreciation
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Variance Analysis
- Financial reporting
- Experience with government Grants
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- At least 3 solid years of non-profit accounting
- Strong general accounting, compliance knowledge and financial reporting
- Advance MS Excel Skills.
skills: Budgeting, General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Forecasting, Variance Analysis, Fixed Assets, Grant Accounting, Financial Reporting, Bank Reconciliations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.