The Product Manager role is responsible for managing the product lines to insure the materials our customers want and need are available when they need them. The Product Manager position entails both supply chain and operational components (making sure inventory is sufficient, manufacturing is planned and product is delivered) and sales support component (support daily sales and data management). Function also supports business strategy and implements tactical plans for the responsible product lines.
1. Help set priorities for production and purchasing group in order to help maintain
appropriate inventory levels to insure product availability.
2. With limited oversight, lead product life cycle related sales and production
3. Collect and maintain sales program updates, market share information, import
and export data on a regular basis.
4. Maintain databases on budgets, forecasts and pricing by product and by
5. Support/Communicate with the sales team on daily sales, product availability
matters as well as program related activities.
6. Support and improve the systems for budgeting product demand, forecasting and
7. Coordinate supply/demand with Global business leaders in Japan.
8. Where applicable, coordinate import of product from Japan and China and export
to the same.
9. Take on additional responsibilities as the needs of the organization and market
change. This includes different product lines or other product related job
1. 3-7 years' experience in polymer related business, specifically in marketing,
product management or planning.
2. College degree in business or technology related field.
Product Specialist.doc Rev: 2 Page 2 of 2
3. High level of competency in Microsoft Excel is a must. General knowledge of
PowerPoint. Knowledge MS Access or related data systems desired.
4. Ability to analyze sales data (Historical, Forecast and budget) and recommend
plans or actions to ensure supply
Please send resume with salary requirements