job summary: Rapidly growing Service Company in Rockland County is seeking a highly motivated and versatile Assistant Controller, CPA. MUST HAVE CPA!!!!
Will be responsible for overseeing all general accounting, AP, and reporting functions.
This is a full time permanent opportunity that includes a competitive base salary and benefits package.
location: Pearl River, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Responsible for general accounting as well as state and federal tax accounting and reporting.
- Manage all audits and collateral reporting.
- Supervise staff in Accounts Payable, Payroll, Inventory Control and other finance positions.
- Responsible for all general accounting including all journal entries and reconciliations of subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger.
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Preparation of the monthly consolidating work papers and reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Accurate and timely preparation of quarterly financial statements and related footnotes on SEC forms 10Q and 10K as well as interactive XBRL files Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls and implementation of SOX documentation
- Responsible for all financial audits from our Independent Auditors, IRS, State and local taxing authorities, Bank, etc. Preparation of work papers supporting the annual tax return Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm
- Monthly preparation of Bank Collateral reports
- Assist the CFO in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
Bachelor's Degree required
Master's Degree or MBA preferred CPA REQUIRED
5+ years of experience with a CPA firm or a large public company with experience in all areas of accounting, financial reporting, SEC compliance and corporate taxation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.