The US Division of an international manufacturer is looking for a Divisional Cost Accountant to oversee the Benton, KY plant, reporting directly to the Division CFO.
Relocation assistance will be available for candidates out of market. Position Summary
The cost accountant sets cost objectives and measures cost performance of the factory on a continuous basis. Planning, studying, collecting and analyzing data to determine the actual costs of business activity for raw materials, inventory and labor. Tracking costs daily to determine if they are meeting expectations as each accounting month progresses. The cost accountant directs activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis and inventory accuracy/valuation. The position provides recommendations to senior management in support of achievement of Company cost goals.
location: Statesville, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Position Responsibilities
- Measures current costs
- Sets objectives with the manufacturing team on cost improvements
- Relates physical purchasing and consumption data to operational costs
- Analyze COGS material accounts daily and research all unusual entries.
- Detailed scrap accounting, analysis and control.
- Reviews and reports margin analysis. Work with facility personnel ( Plant managers, area managers/supervisors, etc.) for full understanding of manufacturing processes and associated raw materials.
- Attend weekly plant production meetings in person or by phone.
- Actual material usage/consumption tracking by G/L account or material account. Alert plant management, operations manager, finance, etc. of unexpected consumption results. Ensuring accuracy of physical inventory. Monitor cycle count program. Participate frequently in cycle counts and research abnormal results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 Years of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- GAAP/IFRS knowledge.
- Certified Management Accountant preferred.
- SAP Software experience and information technology literate. Strong background in inventory accounting. 3+ years of operational experience with inventory.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on the development of cost standards and resolving problems.
- Extremely strong Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Ability to accurately and simplistically prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual cost reports.
For consideration, please send resumes to email@example.com, call at 704-972-0680, or apply here directly.
skills: Cost Accounting, Direct Cost, Activity Based Cost, Cost of Goods Sold
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.