Tax Manager -
Who wants to join the best tax consulting team in the country and take ownership of a growing entrepreneurial operation! Are you a tax manager who likes variety (international, C-corp, high net worth, partnerships), this is the firm that wants to allow for flexibility, rewarding projects with both small and large company clients and a fun work environment.
The Tax Manager is responsible for organizing, coordinating and reviewing data for accurate and timely completion of tax projects. This position involves managing the workflow of Tax Associates and serving as a key member of the Tax department. The Tax Manager is responsible for providing advisory services to our clients and building and managing successful firm and client relationships.
location: Columbia, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Coordinate, review, and sign state and federal tax returns, quarterly estimated payments, annual report filings and personal property tax returns.
- Perform advanced level tax research projects and compose comprehensive memoranda.
- Apply functional knowledge to understand potential tax issues and participate in tax planning.
- Deliver high quality tax service and advice when contacting and advising clients.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as independently and within a team on both non-recurring and ongoing projects.
- Act as project manager for special projects at the request of the management team.
- Manage, mentor, and train Tax Associates and Senior Associates.
- Manage IRS audit processes.
- Develop and edit correspondence, memoranda, and other client deliverables as needed.
- Participate in networking and business development activities on behalf of the firm.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of tax and successful client consulting experience.
- CPA certification required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong research and oral and written communication skills, and ability to articulate complex information.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and client service teams.
- Ability to consistently exercise good judgment in dealing with a variety of situations and issues.
- Proficient with tax preparation and workflow software including GoSystemsRS, Axcess Tax or Prosystem fx Tax, and GoFileRoom.
- Proficient with tax research software including BNA and RIA Checkpoint.
Recruiter, Finance & Accounting Randstad Professionals 120 E. Baltimore Street, Suite 2220 Baltimore, MD 21202
Phone: 410-241-3091 John.Evans@randstadusa.com Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-m-evans-39a2822
skills: Corporate Tax, Federal Tax, International Tax, Sales & Use Tax, State & Local Tax, FAS 109, Multi-State Tax, Income Tax, CORPTAX, FAS 123, FIN 48, Domestic Planning, International Planning, Corporate Tax-International, Consolidated Tax, Individual/Personal Tax Planning, Form 1120 - "C" Corporation, Form 1120S - "S" Corporation, Form 1065 - Partnership, Domestic Compliance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.