The Senior Accounting Analyst will be responsible for month-end closing activities to include preparing journal entries, maintaining financial reporting schedules, reconciling general ledger accounts and providing guidance and interpretation on accounting policies and procedures. Additional duties include performing financial and sales analysis, preparing financial models, review, analysis, and resolution of any inconsistencies in reports. This is a fast paced environment that requires engagement with multiple levels of personnel throughout the company to get the job done.
- Prepare journal entries for month-end closing; reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts. Maintain accurate schedules for significant material balance sheet an P&L balances
- Ensure through research and review, compliance with all required financial statement disclosures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) principles and methods.
- Supports month-end close by preparing journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Extensive Balance Sheet and Income Statement review, researches and resolves any possible issues/errors.
- Develop, maintain and distribute daily, monthly & quarterly management reports for various departments and divisions, to support decision making - i.e. Executive / Operational Flash Reports.
- Assists in the financial audit of company accounts in support of internal and external audit teams by providing policy guidance and interpretation.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Completing multiple varieties of ad hoc analysis & reports to support business decisions.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical, decision making, and communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate across all levels within the organization.
- Extended Working Hours as required.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP) principles and methods.
- Business and personal computer hardware and software applications - Cognos & AS 400. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Word & Power Point, particularly Excel (experience with pivot tables)
- Implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources.
- Working with advanced mathematical and accounting concepts.
- Analyze and interpret financial reports and documents.
- Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Planning, coordinating and performing professional accounting work related to the maintenance and development of financial and accounting.
- Handling multiple projects, duties and assignments.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university
5-7 years accounting/finance work experience.