Title: Payroll Specialist
Full time Monday-Friday
- Comprehensive employee benefits package
- Competitive salary
- Voted by employees "Top Workplaces" by The Denver Post
Completes the accurate processing of our bi-weekly payroll and tax reporting and all related duties for approximately 500 employees. Works closely with the Human Resources Department. This is a customer service role in the Finance Department, and will also receive special projects as assigned. Seeks counsel from Director of Finance and Accounting for questions and approval for policy clarification/deviation.
location: Denver, Colorado
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 23 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 0 Years
- KEY REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reports to the Payroll Manager
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Reviews electronic time sheets for upload to payroll processing including checking for inclusion, manager approval and final lockdown. Corrects entries per employee or manager requests. Prepares and transmits retirement plan submittals.
- Processes and distributes reports on a regular and as-needed basis. Maintains custom reports and creates new reports as needed. Prepares Workers' Compensation annual reports.
- Prepares for payroll processing by entering HR/Payroll information into the system (garnishments, benefit adjustments, deductions, verifies new-hire information is entered correctly, etc.)
- Maintains database of current employees in timekeeping system based on HR input for new employees and terminated employees.
- Investigates any payroll discrepancies and processes any manual checks on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Possesses solid/expert knowledge of payroll processing and all applicable federal and state laws, including tax wage, hour, and employment laws.
- Familiarity with automated payroll processing systems particularly ADP Workforce Now.
- Possesses basic knowledge of Human Resources.
- Demonstrates knowledge of payroll accounting procedures, including tax reporting and GL.
- Maintains effective working relationships and works in a consistently professional and confidential manner.
- Displays a customer-focused and friendly demeanor to internal and external customers.
- Handles heavy telephone inquiries and able to work with frequent interruption
Minimum Education: High school diploma. Prefer college coursework in accounting and payroll processing.
Minimum Experience: 5+ years experience in a payroll function.
- Considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Occasional reaching/lifting/carrying
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
- Exposure to variety of electro-mechanical hazards
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
- Able to maintain job performance in emergency or crisis situation
skills: 401K, 403B, 1099s
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.