Regional Public Accounting firm is looking to hire Public Accounting and Tax Professionals for their growing office!
These positions can sit in either their White Plains, NY
office or their Norwalk, CT
office and includes competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package.
location: West Harrison, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $8,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
Responsiblities can and may include the following depending on the exact position.
- Preparation of Tax Closings, Compilations, Closing of Books, Reviews, and tax preparation
- Assist with the coordination of the day-to-day duties of planning, fieldwork and wrap-up
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
- Mentor and train lighter level staff
- Communicate with Manager, and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise
- Reconcile income tax accounts, heavy focus on high net worth individuals
- Provide effective tax planning to clients and maintain strong relationship with client base
- Calculate income tax payments and identify issues that may arise in tax dealings
- Perform estimations, analysis, planning and research and oversee audits
- Possess knowledge of all aspects of tax law - corporate, individual, trust, gifts, and partnership taxation; specialized knowledge of real estate and/or international tax is preferred
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred
- 2+ years of public accounting experience
- CPA or CPA Track
- Knowledge of Profx and Go File Room is a plus
skills: CPA, Income Tax, Tax Planning, ProSystem fx
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.