Accounts Payable Manager will overseeing an Accounts Payable team and will be responsible for processing high volume payables. This includes working directly with vendors, building key relationships with internal and external customers, ensuring compliance and driving department efficiencies and automation. The ideal candidate should be process oriented and open to embracing change management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operational functions of the Account Payable Department. This includes 3-way matching, batching, coding and processing of vendor invoices in a high volume environment
- Must demonstrate thorough understanding of the Procure-to-pay process, financial disbursement controls, purchasing functions and exception resolution.
- Identify, manage and implement payables operational improvements to streamline and improve the efficiencies of current processes while realizing increased productivity.
- Prepare and/or review accounts payable schedules/disbursement journals and registers to ensure accuracy and timely processing of vendor payables.
- Work closely with accounting and procurement personnel to maintain the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting and payments.
- Work with the Treasury team to insure the timing of payments and the taking of cash discounts are in line with corporate cash management requirements.
- Creation and maintenance of procedures and policies for the Accounts Payable process including analysis of key controls and reporting requirements.
- 5-7 years of accounts payable management experience
- Must be knowledge and experience with the 1099 process and regulations.
- In-depth knowledge and proficiency ERP systems
- Proficient user in Microsoft Office Suite. Strong communication, organizational, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience as a working manager; motivated by process improvements and efficiencies