The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for quoting, coordinating routing, and following up with freight carriers to ensure product is delivered to customers in an efficient, timely, and cost effective manner per customer requirements and sales order shipment terms.
- Enter orders received via software, phone, email, customer web or our software system
- Process Warehouse releases via Web Portal
- Obtain Freight quotes and book shipments
- Check lot accuracy on sales orders to ensure inventory remains manageable
- Contact the carrier's dispatch department with load details to be passed on to their drivers
- Monitor daily pick-ups and deliveries
- Communicate with carriers and shipping personnel to ensure trucks have loaded orders complete.
- Update system and advice of any urgent problem loads, and what actions have been taken. Advise of situation that needs special assistance
- Update receivers and customers on status of loads by entering into our system.
- Confirming locations and miles to destination, prior to dispatching to driver, verify delivery address and facility type.
- Schedule and/or reschedule delivery appointments
- Verify that loads have arrived on time and in good condition.
- Request POD from drivers after deliveries.
- Tender freight orders to preferred company carriers
- Update customer record with relevant information received from Sales/Customer
- Monitor forecast accuracy
- Inventory analysis
2-4 years of experience.