Sr. Assumed Accountant
Large International Reinsurance company seeking a Senior Accountant to join their Assumed Accounting group.
This position will sit in their White Plains, NY office and comes with a competitive salary, bonus, benefits package.
location: Purchase, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Main areas of responsibility:
- Ensures timely payments and receipts of broker invoices regarding contracts.
- Follow up with brokers regarding overdue balances
- Analyze, review and maintain accurate treaty accounts.
- Handle Contingent Commissions, Sliding Scale Commissions, Retrospective Rate Adjustments and Premium Adjustments
- Manage complex treaties
- Assist Leadership with IT projects and reporting requests and Ad hoc Projects
- Develop strong relationships with Brokers and underwriting community
- Manage the Aged Debt and Unallocated Cash Analysis
- Provide monthly Bank Reconciliations for multiple accounts
- Provide back-up support for cash received
- Liaise with cash analysts, underwriting depts., claims dept., brokers and clients to resolve queries.
- Assist in managing receivables and suspense amounts.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of Insurance/Reinsurance Accounting experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and confidence to challenge existing procedures & use of system
- Strong computer skills - knowledge of Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, and MS PowerPoint preferred
Click to apply.
skills: Account Reconciliation, Cash Applications, Invoices
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.