Investment and Financial Analyst
The Investment & Financial Analyst provides professional level support for the management and financial analysis of the endowment portfolio. This position reports to the Director of Investments. The position is responsible for working with the Director in obtaining adequate information from the investment fund managers to enable the recording of investment transactions in the general ledger and investment activity in the statement of cash flows on a monthly and quarterly basis. This position works with the Director to draft and ensure the accuracy of the information on investments in the notes to the annual audited financial statements. The Investment & Financial Analyst will stay current with market trends and fund managers by reading financial publications, attending webinars and meetings sponsored by current and potential fund managers.
The Investment & Financial Analyst, under the supervision of the Director, will:
- Track individual funds' transactions and overall portfolio performance on a monthly basis and reconcile to custodian reports on a timely basis.
- Prepare quarterly schedules on fund transactions, including gains/losses, capital calls, redemptions, distributions, price checks, etc. and reconcile to custodian reports on a timely basis.
- Prepare calculation and quarterly reports to endowment owners.
- Support the annual audit, including reconciling the cash flow, the drafting of the investment footnotes, and tax reporting and filing process.
- Organize and maintain materials from fund managers, custodians, investment consultants in accordance to guidelines.
- Assist in the documentation process of hiring and termination of fund managers for the endowment portfolio.
- Maintain official records of fund managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related degree
- 2+ years of general ledger, audit or financial analysis experience
- Familiarity with fund or investment accounting preferred
- Strong Excel skills
This organization is based in Wash DC and is nationally recognized in it's field. They offer a complete and highly competitive benefits package. Metro accessible. Salary for this position is $65,000 - 75,000 + bonus.
If interested please send resume to email@example.com